Free From Festival 2016
The Free From Festival features vendors ranging from tiny entrepreneur start-ups through to some popular and well known brands, lots of street food ready-to-eat and about an equal amount of vendors selling food to take away. Based on the 2015 Festival experience you should definitely attend if you would like to –
- Enjoy a gluten-free and dairy-free kid-in-a-candyshop experience 🙂
- Have a social day out with live music, talks, street food and friendly happy people all around
- Discover and try new brands and products
- Talk to some of the inspiring entrepreneurs responsible for the deliciousness
- Be inspired by and learn from some of the speakers and demonstrators (see top tip 5)
Free From Festival Top Tips
1. Go Early to Speak with Exhibitors
Speaking with the entrepreneurs and enthusiastic people behind the brands is fantastic but from midday on they are likely to be very busy indeed serving happy, hungry people!
2. Take Cash
The Festival website tells you this too as most or all vendors will not be accepting card payments.
3. If You See Something Tempting, Be Decisive!
Learn from my sorrow . . .
4. Get an early ticket if you are even *thinking* of going early
Ticket options are 1030, 1230 and 1430 but once you are in there is no restriction on how long you can remain. The ticket time options are simply used by the Festival people to get an idea about when people will be arriving. So if you want the option of arriving early do buy an early ticket.
5. Look out for talks and demos
There are also several cooking demonstrations and talks from nutritionists featured at the show. There does not appear to be a full itinerary published but the Facebook page mentions these and there will probably be more with details available on the day
Free From Festival 2016: Gluten-Free Meetup
Gluten-Free London Meetup Club people will be there. Join us if you’d like to meet for a chat and ooh, one of I expect very many gluten-free, dairy free cupcakes available at the Festival!