Being diagnosed Coeliac in 2011 kickstarted my passion for great food. I became mindful of what I was eating, why, where it was from and who had been involved in producing it. Several years later I began this blog as a way of sharing thoughts about things I love.
Although I will often write about delicious treats including processed food, I personally follow Michael Pollan's great advice to "Eat Food, Not Too Much, Mainly Plants". My dietary template is flexitarian, having been vegan for five years prior to my Coeliac diagnosis. Ironically, my motivation for becoming a vegan was entirely based on belief that it was an ideal human diet. Only since switching to flexitarianism have I really become familiar and appreciative of the other great reasons for veganism - animal and human welfare, environment, ecology and sustainability.
I work full time in a completely non-food related job. I am also the Lead Organizer for Gluten-free Meetup events in London
Things that fascinate me and that I will blog about -
- Diet and Nutrition
- Human microbiome and interventions to manipulate it
- Holistic health and wellbeing and integrative medicine
- Life and health-span extension including radical life extension
I absolutely welcome -
- Offers and requests to review free-from products, apps, services and venues
- Notice of events or venues seeking review or promotion
- Opportunities to interview or be interviewed
- Good karma :-)